Friday, October 21, 2011

The Ling Kriya - Naga Sadhus

All my Ling Kriya pictures of the Naga Sadhus are restricted at Flickr..because of frontal nudity , yet there is so much public display of nude pictures at Flickr that would shock Mother Theresa too.

There is something of a Sadhu in me.. hence this search is not for peace of mind,, religious satisfaction.. yes I have it all.
I try to understand man and his mind.. his pain, and all.
I was at the Nasik Kumbh at Trimbakeshwar.. where all the Naga Sadhus staunch believers of Lord Shiva congregate,, for the Holy Dip known as the Shahi Snan..the dip is in the order of hierarchy..among the various Akhadas.. I was lucky to meet
Shri Vijay Giri Maharaj of the Junagadh Akhada.. a teacher and family man turned Sadhu.. incidentaly an artist who used to eke his living drawing holy pictures on the streets,,
One day near the Haji Ali Dargah in Mumbai… he made some images of the Holy city of Mecca..in the evening a man gave him rs 200 and told him not to draw such images as people walk on them,,, to do the same on walls.. , he was so touched that
he stopped this art totally..

He has read our Holy Book and quotes from it to his Muslim well wishers..

I too am touched.. his photo of the Ling Kriya is my tribute to him and his love for man…mankind and he had seen me at the Film City where he has his Shanti Ashram , and recognized me as Designer No1 from Bollywood.



January 2nd, 2007