Sunday, August 30, 2015

The Naga Sadhus Nasik Kumbh Trimbakeshwar 2015




Right next to where I stayed with my Naga Guru Shree Vijay Giri Maharaj were several spaces given out to the various Naga Sadhus mostly from Maharashtra ,,, these were prefabricated housing ..and had toilet and bathing blocks ,,

My Gurus space was nice and big , it used to be very cold in the evenings and daytime was between cool and warm , it would rain and this entire Sadhugram was built on fields ,, we were next to the space given to Shree Jagadguru Swaroopanand Giri Shankarrcharya of Dwarkapeeth..

But we were far away from main Trimbakeshwar temple town about 3 km..I did go there twice and one last time during the Shahi Snan on 29 August.

I had decided this Kumbh I would mostly shoot portraits ,, faces and the people I shot did not mind it and as the word had spread that I was a Malang living with the Naga Sadhus , the other sadhus were very cordial accommodating.. some would call me to share lunch with them..or shoot their Arti..

I did not get much time to visit the other Juna Akharas ..I did meet a very modern highly famous young Naga Sadhu Anand Giri Maharaj with his gun toting bodyguards ,, I met a Naga Sadhu Mahindar Giri I had shot him at the Sangam shooting for a film he recognized me hugged me.

I shot the naked Naga Babas too sitting under a tree ,, I had met them at Allahabad too.

All in all I had a great Nasik Kumbh..