Friday, August 3, 2007

Shri Vijay Giri Maharaj of Junagadh Akhada

Shri Vijay Giri Maharaj was handeling the administrative side including the hospitality aspect, he was pensive , a bit dad too, as the Kumbh was at its lag end..
His sadness touched me , this was a human element touching the flesh of my sensitivity..
I found Sri Vijay Giri Maharaj spending more time in my company, telling me in detail aspects of the Arti , the Puja, I felt perhaps he was my blood brother , lost in space and now meeting on earth..for me this became our collective religiosty..
And Maharaj quoted frely from the Holy Book of my people he had studied my religion, he knew the scriptures by heart..but with a Sanskrit dialect.
This was the finest picture it shows beneath the martial outer skin the Naga is far too human and vulnerable...