Monday, September 7, 2015

The Irresistible Magic Of The Kumbh Mela




People normally avidly shoot pictures at the Kumbh I was shooting moments capturing the essence of spirituality in silence ,,I did not search for pictures ,, pictures sought me out ..having lived my adult life with mystics Malangs Rafaees and Naga Sadhus  meeting the saintly folks at Tapovan was not alien to me ,,my saffron garb was like a password it opened a few locked doors ,,though I feel more comfortable in a black attire ,,, here the black attire at the Kumbh is mostly worn by Aghoris and Tantrics .

My tantric guru Kapoor Khamakhya wears black and symbols of the Yoni ,,he is an amazing personality and though he was at Trimbakeshwar for the Shahi Snan we could not meet .

And now I have two more memory cards to upload of this Tapovan series ,,The Kumbh is calling me back yet again but I dont know whether I will make it .. it would be more than a miracle if I went back...I am chained to Mumbai like a pet dog..