Friday, September 11, 2015

The Vaishnav Sadhus Nasikh Kumbh Mela Ramkund



If I had more time I would have gone on shooting the intense faces of the Sadhus but I had to move on to Tapovan a huge sprawling estate of Vaishnav sadhu Akharas .. and I had to rush back to Trimbakeshwar before the roads closed for 29 Shahi Snan..and I was tired hungry and limping due to a leg injury ,,

I hardly ever use my 55 -250 lens but here I used it  generously and as I was dressed in Sadhu garbs I did not have any problem as such ,,I poetically shot Sadhu faces ,,

I did not see such faces at the Sadhugram Trimbakeshwar  where I stayed , there were more young faced Maharashtrian Naga sadhus ,, here at Ramkund and Tapovan there were weathered faces old faces and if you are into portraiture this is the ideal places .
I dont know anyone at Ramkund Nasikh where I could stay overnight ,,so I shot all this in a few hours ,,I do not like staying in hotels ,, for more reasons than one , the rates during the Kumbh are steep.. and I cannot afford it ,,,